CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

A move of God

In the church we are always talking about the next move of God - what God is doing next in our world in our lives. Sadly I think the church is misssing it - the next move of God isn't about buildings or big meetings it is about revival of the family - the rehoming of millions of orphans around the world. Most churches ackn owledege that care for the orphan is important and but they don't see it as world changing - as a move of God. And that is too bad. It is too bad that more Christians aren't awake to how God is changing the world - how he is moving on behalf of the orphaned.

When we first began our adoption process we were quite naive - just choosing to follow where God was leading us. And our eyes were opened - I think that happens alot. If you read peoples journeys you see lots of folks who orginally adopted a baby and then their eyes were opened and they saw the potential to be part of something amazing - a differnt kind of family where the kids arrive at all ages and stages and abilities and challenges. Time and time again I meet folks who adopted a baby and then a special needs child or a pre teen, or teenager - Time and time again I meet folks who have caught God's heart for this age - who have seen God on the move and joined him.

This is not a time for the church to be fearfull, to have it's head stuck in the sand - it is the time for our eyes to be wide open.

3 comments:

Our journey following Christ said...

Yes!!!! Couldn't agree more with your assessment of the church as a whole and their relative blindness to the orphan crises.

But I do see things changing. God is definitely working among His people, lighting a fire under a passionate few who are called to be leaders in this beautiful 'movement' that is so close to the very heart of God.

I, like you am so frustrated at times because it seems like so many Christian people don't 'get it' at all. I have to remember I was there at one time. I never thought of adopting a pre-teen child but that is exactly what we're doing now and it seems as natural as breathing to us.

Baby steps!

Blessings,
Laura

A mom of many said...

Bonnie,
I ran across your blog from a comment you left on Barb's Zoo blog.Barb and I are long time friends. We are a fellow adoptive family as well. I hope your adoption goes very quickly.

Warmly,
Tina

cathy said...

Amen! I love this post--as it describes what we've known in our family for a long time ;) I pray the rest of the church wakes up to the call.