CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dangerous prayer

Brandon Heath has a great song - Give me your eyes. It is a powerful prayer. If you want God to change your heart sing it / pray it with all your heart and see what happens. I don't think it is possible to ask God to change you for the better - conform you to his heart and remain the same.
The chorus is:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
It is painful to have God's eyes for the world - God's eyes for the forgotten, the broken hearted, the orphan. BUT if we are to be His hands in this world then we need to ask for His eyes - and never be the same.

0 comments: