CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Nerves.....

Boy of boy do I have a case of the nerves - it is a bit nerve wracking to think that in 2 weeks I will be leaving to meet our newest kids.

When we went to get Becca I was nervous too - but it centerend more around going back to parent a 2 year old again and remembering all the needs that babies have (cause 2 is just a baby). And I was way nervous about meeting her - the idea that she might run screaming away from us - well it was a real possiblility and not one I wanted to encounter. She didn't - she was quite happy to have a large group of people to play with and follow her every move (smart girl!) I also figured that she was still so young that she would adapt well and we would adapt well too - and we all did. There were some ups and downs of course but mostly ups.

This time - wow the nerves are way higher. These kids have fully developed personalities and interestes and are probably way nervous about it all too. I have read until my brain is ready to explode so I think I am as prepared as can be for the good and the bad - but imagining meeting them - well I can't sleep at night wondering how it is going to go. Will they want a hug? will they be shy or demanding? Will they talk nonstop or not talk at all. Will be able to find common ground - soccer, jumprope, books .... Will she understand that we are leaving ET forever... will he understand that we will be back for him as soon as possible (and that one really makes me worried).

It is soooo exciting and nervewracking at the same time - and in 14 short days I will be on a plane.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

First of all, your daughter is beautiful. It looks like she has a confident and fun personality. I am so excited for you! Can't even imagine how overwhelmed you are - I would be a ball of nerves as well with all the excitement you are about to enter into.

So fun to watch your journey! Can't wait to see God continue to work through the details.

Our journey following Christ said...

Wow, I hadn't yet taken the time to think about this but I'm nervous, too. An older child definitely is a different ballgame completely.

We just have to remember that that the Lord ordained these kids to be our kids and he's been preparing us for them and them for us from the beginning. He knew they would end up in our families. He will equip us with all we need to parent them.

Still, what is the first thing you say to your new child when you meet them? This is what is going through my mind right now.

Blessings,
Laura