CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

7 to 2 and back again

Just a reminder to myself - 7 year old body - 2 year old impulse control, 2 year old emotions.

LOL - I totally forgot that today and we tried to hurry out for lunch and a run to the park before the snow sets in - ummmm not so much. Total meltdown. She was tired (got up waaayyyy to early - but how in the world do you make them sleep???) and didn't understand it was a fun trip and just didn't want to go. Dad set off with the other kids while I managed the meltdown. Once she calmed down and agreed to get in the car we met up with them and she was totally excited and on board with it all.

Lesson learned - we need to give her lots of warning before making any transitions.

Now for the big question of the day - she announced that she wants her haircut. What in the world to do - she was pretty clear about it, and her hair is very very damaged and dried out, but it isn't all that long to start with - barely to her shoulders when wet and then shrinks waaayy up when dry. I still need to experiment with product as I don't think I have just the right thing yet - or maybe I'm not using enough of it - but cut it??? I just don't know...... Tonight after bath is was beautiful - finally curling a bit and we put tons of stuff in .... we'll see in the morning - but she really dislikes it when it bushes out and isn't a fan of anykind of braid at all. YIKES I need to see if joyful mom over at HappyGirlHair gives online consults!!!

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Yikes, not so good. But now your preparing for the future. As for the haircut... Don't give in. Just yet. A.'s hair is really not that long yet and their hair takes much longer to grow than our hair. I am gonna email you and give you some suggestions what I know.

Our journey following Christ said...

Believe me, I'm no expert but we have LOVED Carols Daughters products. I bought the "Best Tressed" package and it worked wonders on Aliya's friend's hair in ET last week. STart with hot oil treatment, wrap hair in towel 5 minutes. Wash out with Tui Shampoo. Apply Hair Milk to damp hair down to roots, do some little twists all over and they'll stay, then spray with the yummiest smelling spray...Black Vanilla Spray.

Her hair went from brown to jet black and healthy in one treatment. She'll need lots more but we're well on our way.

Might be worth a try.

Love,
Laura