CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Exhaustion

Well I have to admit that each and every night I am beat to the ground tired. I'm not at all sure if it is just getting used to managing such a large family or still adjusting to the new kids or what but I am so ready to get some energy back. I realized that somewhere along the way of the last few months I quit eating all the veggies that I used to eat - salads especially. I think I gave them up in favor of quicker meals where I ate what they ate - but I think it might be affecting my energy level too - so this week I am back to tons of veggies and way less of what the kids are eating. That is actually going to be hard to manage with Alem who prefers to eat whatever I eat, and like most kids she isn't the biggest fan of veggies... but I imagine eventually her hunger will win out. I am also going to get more sleep each night. Sadly right now 8 hours just isn't enough - which kinda cracks me up as I used to exist on less than 6 without any problems - but I am not at my best any longer without a really good nights sleep!! And to a certian extent I have to admit that parenting the new kids is still stressful. Estifanos is just now beginning to trust us with his hurts - both real and emotional and always being on the lookout for that is hard work. And Alem continues to be challenging. She would really like to run the show. LOL. and that so isn't going to happen, although to a certian extent she has been driving things, and we are cracking down on that pretty hard. She also begins therapy this week - stay tuned for a report on that.

So if anyone has a magic energy pill they would like to share - then I might be able to get caught up with the house and the paperwork... otherwise all that is going to have to wait.

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Gosh Bonnie, that post was for me too. Everything you described, I feel like it all the way down to the eating and sleep. I too get 8 hours and its not enough. I hope in time things will go back to normal for you. I don't have the pill but I can feel every word you said with you.

Cindy said...

sigh...if you find that magic energy pill, let me know. I am actually just beginning to take more time to do things that bring me peace and energy. Two things that are much needed in raising a large family. For energy, I try to get out for a walk every single day. most days, I try to walk alone, for about 45 minutes. When that cant happen, I put the little kiddos in the wagon and tell the big kids they are welcome to join us, and we just walk around the neighborhood. Exercise produces endorphins, which give energy, and improve the mood as well. And yes, eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water...working on this too. When I want to just have some peace, I put on some very relaxing music, for me, it's a piano CD I recently found by Jim Brickman called "Faith". LOVE IT! I listen when kids are in bed. It means I stay up a bit later, but I find I really need that quiet time. Try to take some time for you. You need to recharge yourself in order to take the best possible care of your family. It's an important lesson I am just now beginning to learn!
hugs to you my friend!