CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

dental surprises

Oh how I hate the dentist.

When we first took Alemtsehay to the doctor they said be sure and see a dentist right away. gulp - knew that was a bad sign.
Our regular dentist said - you need and oral surgeon. The oral surgeon said - you really need a pediatric dentist.
I said - our dental insurance isn't that great.
Finally saw the pediatric dentist today - she was lovely. We need another appointment next week after they talk to our insurance company. Hopefully our insurance will cover half of it - which will max her benefits this year, but limit our out of pocket.

Who knew how much it costs to have broken teeth taken out - let me tell you it isn't free, but it wasn't as bad as some of the stories I have heard.

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Oh Bonnie, I can feel your pain of exhausting your insurance and them only paying half. Same here. Amira's benefits were exhausted in May and I couldn't even get the cleaning later in the year. I keep thanking God for having only one child with jucky teeth because Biruk's are perfect. Lets hope that Estifanos has nice teeth.

Jane said...

Dear Bonnie,
Tara Herdegen forwarded me your blog because I was just at AHOPE volunteering for a month and took lots of pictures, some of your son Estifanos. I'd love to send them to you. I couldn't find a way to contact you other than by posting a comment so please e-mail me at janebclausen@gmail.com
I'm so excited that Estifanos will be going home soon! He is a beautiful boy and I very much enjoyed spending time with him and the kids at AHOPE!
Best,
Jane