CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

under one roof

As I sit here and contemplate how much different my life is than I ever imagined it to be - I am grateful to be able to say that my whole family is under one roof tonight. (Well except Kathleen - but since she is married and has her own roof now that is to be expected) The guys made it home on time and we had quite the reunion at the airport. Estifanos is soooo quiet - though I imagine that will change in a few days, and he is way tinier than I remembered. Tonight I am thankful for the easy way that kids of all ages fit together - it sure makes the beginning of family easier. I am grateful that injera comes in the mail and that I know how to make shiro. I am grateful for air travel and how it has played such a big part in the making of our family. I am grateful for a full fridge and clean water and medicine and how that is going to make a difference in our kids lives.

But most of all I am thankful for my savior - who died that I might be adopted and then changed my life beyond all imagining. There have been hard days behind us and there will be hard days ahead of us - but I can do all things through Christ who strengths me, and tonight I am just enjoying having all my little chicks under one roof. Thanks be to God.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Welcome Home Boys!

Tammy said...

Beautiful post! Congratulations and welcome home!

Andrea Hill said...

At last!! You said it so elegantly and its so true about our savior. I am crying tears for you all right now I am so happy!

Rosanna Seabold said...

So very, very wonderful!

Sha Zam- said...

Congratulations. and Praises!!