CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

God knew

It is amazing really - totally amazing. This morning I am lying in bed praying (cause miracle of miracles the little on is still sleeping) and boy oh boy did God preach me a sermon.

From the beginning of time God knew - He knew when Adam and Eve left the garden, He knew Abraham and Noah and Moses and David and all the prophets. He knew the exact moment that He would enter time and be born - in a messy dirty icky manger to a teen age girl who had the courage to say yes. He knew.

From the beginning of my life God knew that this moment was arriving. When I prayed and asked for His heart for the orphan - He knew that it would break me - that it would lead me closer to Him than ever before. God's heart breaks for the orphan too - but He gets to see it all from eternity after the victory is won and I don't. It isn't that I don't know that ultimately the forces of God win, I sure do! but rather that I am sorely limited in my ability to integrate that with my life day to day. The thing is that God knew this adoption would break my heart, would send me to tears on a regualar basis (my poor husband), God knew how hard it would be for me to have 2 kids on the other side of the world who are alone and lonely who desperately need a mom and a dad. And still God chose this for me. This path has been hard to walk - but there have been many blessings along the way - friends who really get it, folks who I have not met in real life but who none the less have covenanted to pray for us daily until the kids pass court and the paperwork starts to come in, a closer dependance on God for daily living a deeper knowledge of the blessing of children in our lives.

God knew. and God knows the day that they will come home. I hope and pray that this week is the week that her paperwork begins to come in, I hope and pray that this is the week that he passes court and officially becomes a Grover. Dear Lord you have called and we have answered - let the time be now, please Lord bring them home.

2 comments:

Our journey following Christ said...

I'm praying for you and the kids every day, usually more than once!

You're right, God KNEW all of this. It is both a wonderful and painful place to be...broken for the orphan. It is where He wants us to be but being in the center of God's will is not safe and pain-free but it is the BEST place to be.

"Always for His glory and our good."

Blessings,
Laura

Bonnie said...

You are right - the center of God's will is a scary place a place where we end and He takes over.

I am reminded of the scene in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe where one of the kids asks if Aslan is safe and the beavers reply something along the line of - safe - of course he isn't safe he is a wild lion, but he is good, very very good.

I will never regret the unsafe part as I trust God to always be very very good.