CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Waiting

Waiting is always a provoking topic on adoption boards - and for folks waiting for a referral well it is a challenge to wait well because what they are waiting for is for a family to fall apart, for a child to be orphaned - for disaster. That is the thing about adoption it is joy and sadness all in one package.

In our case the waiting is different. No one was lined up to adopt our kids, in fact they were waiting for us - for 2 long years in an orphanage waiting for us because thier birth parents had already passed away and extended family couldn't care for them. They have waited and waited and honestly I don't think they should have to wait anymore.

I am not a good waiter - seriously not. Of course in certian conditions I do okay - but these are not them. Waiting for someone else to find out what the heck is going on with Alemtsehaye's court decree, waiting for someone else to actually do the job they were supposed to have done this summer with Estifanos' paperwork, waiting for messages being relayed back and forth from ET to our agency contact, waiting for our own embassy (which is a seperate rant altogether) to tell us how they are going to comply with the new laws (which apparently they are considering not complying with - exactly how is that possible??) Waiting when I am not in control is driving me to my knees - which isn't a bad place to be. BUT seriously I am DONE!

Now the waiting of Advent I do well with - I enjoy the anticipation the holiday traditions and the wait well it really isn't very long. Did you know that prior to the birth of Christ there were no prophets in Israel for 400 years - God didn't speak to his people for 400 years leading up to the birth of His Son - that is a long wait ( and not the kind I am up for - just saying.)

4 comments:

M and M said...

And I cannot WAIT for your children to come home to you.

Sha Zam- said...

Waiting Rotts (i have better adjectives but.. I'm trying to cut back on that type of language..).

What Waiting produces... is ANGER. Just saying... :-)

Tammy said...

Your wait makes me sad for you and your family. Can't imagine how much harder it must be for you. No matter what, waiting is difficult. Love the perspective of how long God's people waited for the birth of Christ. Praying that God unites you very soon!!

Our journey following Christ said...

You really have run into many, many snags on your journey to your kids. Totally understand your frustration. There is a huge sense of injustice in all of this. The incompetence and lack of effort on behalf of some brings a righteous anger. Understandably so!!

The only place we can go to is our knees. God is teaching you (and me) something we need to learn through this waiting. Doesn't mean we have to like it, right?? I don't either!

Seriously, how hard is it to find out about a court decree or get Estifanos' paperwork ready? I have to think these things could be done much more efficiently. But ultimately God is control and we must trust Him in His sovereign wisdom to bring our kids home in the perfect time...His perfect time, not ours.

Another week has gone by with no news, for you or me (at least not yet). Our kids have waited so long already and will wait longer. It's so hard.

I'm sending big hugs and encouragement to you for the weekend.

Until next week...

Blessings,
Laura